Some people think that governments should give financial support to creative artists such as painters and musicians. Others believe that creative artists should be funded by alternative sources. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- have different views: có những quan điểm khác nhau
- money for art projects: tiền dành cho những dự án nghệ thuật
- other sources: những nguồn khác
- definitely require help: nhất định cần sự hỗ trợ
- in public spaces: trong những địa điểm công cộng
- several new statues and sculptures: một số kiến trúc điêu khắc và tượng
- the docks area: những khu vực bến cảng
- redeveloped recently: gần đây được phát triển lại
- represent culture, heritage and history: đại diện văn hóa, di sản và lịch sử
- landmarks or talking points: điểm nổi bật
- more important concerns: có nhiều mối quan tâm quan trọng hơn
- state budgets: ngân quỹ nhà nước
- infrastructure and security: hạ tầng & an ninh
- to function properly: hoạt động hợp lý
- rely on alternative sources: dựa trên những nguồn khác
People have different views about the funding of creative artists. While some people disagree with the idea of government support for artists, I believe that money for art projects should come from both governments and other sources.
Some art projects definitely require help from the state. In the UK, there are many works of art in public spaces, such as streets or squares in city centres. In Liverpool, for example, there are several new statues and sculptures in the docks area of the city, which has been redeveloped recently. These artworks represent culture, heritage and history. They serve to educate people about the city, and act as landmarks or talking points for visitors and tourists. Governments and local councils should pay creative artists to produce this kind of art, because without their funding our cities would be much less interesting and attractive.
On the other hand, I can understand the arguments against government funding for art. The main reason for this view is that governments have more important concerns. For example, state budgets need to be spent on education, healthcare, infrastructure and security, among other areas. These public services are vital for a country to function properly, whereas the work of creative artists, even in public places, is a luxury. Another reason for this opinion is that artists do a job like any other professional, and they should therefore earn their own money by selling their work.
In conclusion, there are good reasons why artists should rely on alternative sources of financial support, but in my opinion government help is sometimes necessary.
Mời bạn kết nối cùng Team trên YOUTUBE